Posted by admin on March 25, 2008
A clear plan of action is essential for an effective community engagement process.
A plan of action should include the following steps:
- identifying key stakeholders
- defining the aim, objectives and rationale of the engagement
- reviewing past examples and experience
- developing guiding principles and protocols
- defining the scope and intended outcomes
- identifying resources
- resourcing the engagement
- outlining information requirements and flows as well as capacity-building needs
- organising the engagement process into achievable, measurable units
- establishing realistic timeframes, and
- developing and confirming processes for review, monitoring and feedback.